Saturday, January 1, 2011

Restaurant & Pub Guide> Hard Rock Cafe, Bangalore & Mumbai

Text by: Tanya Munshi

I like my Mojito and I get it best in Hard Rock Cafe in Mumbai and Bangalore. I like this place, who doesn't? Usually on our trips to Bangalore or Mumbai, my husband and I make it a point to go to Hard Rock Cafe to listen to good, unadulterated music which will not abruptly break into bhangra/ hindi remix. I love bhangra/ hindi songs - but come on, its good to take a break from the routine.

On my last visit to Hard Rock Cafe, Mumbai, I enjoyed my Mojito while listening to two live band performances - Tough on Tobacco and Bedouin Soundclash - two uber cool bands, very unique and very refreshing music.

Coming to the food part (how could I forget), the calamari or the squids deep fried in batter go chewy when cold, so it's best to avoid, otherwise it's a good snack to go with your drinks. In Bangalore, I haven't seen people coming over to eat, they usually come in groups after work for a drink, unlike in Mumbai, where people come in with their families for a meal.

We liked the Spicy Dragon Chicken Drumsticks in Bangalore's Hard Rock Cafe, it fills your tummy well. My husband likes his Legendary 10 oz. Burger in Hard Rock Cafe, its worth a try if you are fond of burgers.

Need I speak about the ambiance and decor at Hard Rock Cafe? I like it how as the time progresses, they gradually dim the lights creating a perfect setting to listen to good music. The staff have been trained really well to give you total attention and look after you well. But Hard Rock Cafe in Bangalore deserves a special mention especially since it's in an old building which adds to its charm and character.


*Pricing:
Spicy Calamari - Rs. 290/-
Spicy Chicken Drumstick - Rs. 395/-

Overall Rating:
Ambience - * * * * *
Service - * * * * *
Presentation of food & drinks - * * * * *
Quantity of food served - * * * * *
Quality of food - * * * * *
Price - * * * * *

Location:
Hard Rock Cafe Bengaluru
40 St. Marks Road
Bengaluru
Phone: +91-804-124-2222

Hard Rock Cafe Mumbai
Bombay Dyeing Mill Compound
Opposite Kamala City Mills Studio
Pandurang Budhkar Marg
Worli, Mumbai -400025
Phone: +91-22-6651-1209
Fax: +91-22-2438-6111

*Please Note - Pricing may change/ vary according to location and time.

No comments: